Happy Thanksgiving friends! I hope you're all stuffing your faces right now. I know I am! Before you carve up that turkey, here are some fun facts about that tasty sucker.
- Turkeys can drown if they look up while it's raining.
- Oddly enough, the best time to see a turkey is during a light rain or a warm clear day.
- Turkeys have excellent vision and hearing...not so good in the smelling department.
- They can run up to 20 mph and fly between 50-55 mph.
- Males "gobble" to attract females, but turkeys also "purr," "yelp," and "kee-kee."
- Males and females look different but you can also tell them apart by their poop. Males produce spiral-shaped poop and females’ poop is shaped like the letter J.