Wowie kazowie these are delicious! They're little clouds of pumpkin cookie (that are so soft I'll almost call it cake) with Nutella swirled throughout. And let's face it, Nutella makes anything better, but it's not too sweet or overwhelming. Yum yum yum!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl . In a separate bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup in Nutella in, spreading out large dollops over the batter. Using a spoon, gently swirl the Nutella into the batter, but don't let it fully mix.
4. Take large tablespoons full of dough and drop onto cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. When finished, try to shape the dough to resemble a cookie. The cookies dough should be round and flat and smooth, resembling close to the finished baked product because the cookies don't spread much during baking and will rise up. It helps to work with the dough if your hands are freshly washed and slightly damp.
5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown, firm to the touch and bottoms of cookie don't stick to the sheet.
(Inspired by Kirbie's Cravings)