It's the season for giving, and I'm always a fan of homemade presents. They're so much more personal and of course they were made with love! I have a number of dog owner friends, so I decided to try making homemade dog treats. I was too lazy to go to the store, but I was able to find a recipe that I already had the ingredients for. There are a lot of roll-out recipes that people use cute dog bone cookie cutters with, but this recipe does much better using just a cookie scoop. I might have to try one of those other recipes soon, but I'd have to get a dog bone cookie cutter first! I haven't given them out yet, so I don't know what the verdict is, but I hope all my doggy friends will love them!
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1/ tablespoon of peanut butter (I used chunky you can use whatever you have in the house)
- ½ tablespoon of water
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Scoop out the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet (they don't really spread).
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze.
(Inspired by Two Little Cavaliers)