Avocado makes everything better. I love avocado and usually prefer just to eat it with a spoon (Try it with a little bit of soy sauce. Trust me.), but when I saw this recipe, I had to try it. Chicken parmigiana is one of my favorite Italian dishes, and the avocado really puts it over the edge.
2 Chicken Breast Fillets, halved lengthways and pounded thin
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 1/2 Cups Dried Breadcrumbs
1/2 Cup Tomato Pasta Sauce
2 Avocados, Sliced
1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off, then dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs
4. Bake for 8 minutes (turning after 4 minutes to brown evenly on both sides)
5. Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with pasta sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Return to oven and bake for another 5 - 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through.