Here's another great Pinterest find. These cookies only have four ingredients, and they are super easy to make. No eggs needed! If you use margerine instead of butter, does that mean they're vegan? Except for the cream cheese frosting, which would be such a shame to leave out because it can make anything taste amazing. I forgot the step to flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass so they look a little funky, but they still tasted amazing! They almost melt in your mouth...no wonder they're called meltaways!
- 1 C. butter
- 3/4 C. cornstarch
- 3/4 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. flour
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting (see below)
- In a medium bowl, cream butter until fluffy.
- Add cornstarch & sugar and blend well.
- Beat in flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop by small teaspoons onto baking sheet & flatten out with the bottom of a glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack & frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 3 oz. (yes 3) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Color with food coloring if desired.
(Inspired by Landee See, Landee Do)